KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Starting more than one instance of application as a service

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sadek76

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 3:42 pm    Post subject: Starting more than one instance of application as a service Reply with quote

One use that we use your application is to monitor our proxy servers. The problem I'm having is on a Windows 2000 machine I want to monitor three different proxy servers. So I have created three separate .ini files to load into three separate instances with three different .hml list files. I have created batch files to start each instance of the program with the correct .ini and .hml file associated with it. I'm now trying to move this to a service. In NT 4.0 I could create a separate service for each instance and specify the start parameters. Windows 2000 is not letting me specify the start parameters. I tried to edit the registry, the application starts, but with the last settings. I also noticed that the service is always in a "Starting" state, so I can't stop or pause it. Any changes I make in the registry require me to log off then back on due to this "Starting" state. Any help would be much appreciated.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
One use that we use your application is to monitor our proxy servers. The problem I'm having is on a Windows 2000 machine I want to monitor three different proxy servers. So I have created three separate .ini files to load into three separate instances with three different .hml list files

Actually you may use HTTP test method that allows you to setup separate proxy server for each test item. So, probably you don't need to start 3 instances of HostMonitor?

Regards
Alex
sadek76

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's perfect! Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: