KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

logs information

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Patrice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 3:28 pm    Post subject: logs information Reply with quote

By saying in the logs settings "Save only if host status changes" only the change state are written in the log file ... ok
So , if all the tests are ok no changes are written and the file is empty !!
The report is empty too , it should be fine when the log file is created the status of all the tests result be written in the file , like that if no change are generated my report could give information , either nothing change.
Sorry for my english ...
If i want to have information in this case , i need to select "Save all information" but in a month a lot of informations may to be generated and it's difficult to found in the log a status witch hs changed
Thks
perhaps a turn arround exists ...
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
By saying in the logs settings "Save only if host status changes" only the change state are written in the log file ... ok
So , if all the tests are ok no changes are written and the file is empty !!

Correct. But if log is empty and status of ANY test will change, HostMonitor will record information about ALL tests. You said you change log file every month, some test should change status within a month.
Probably you are using old version of HostMonitor? Old versions didn't check is log file empty or not.

Regards
Alex
lr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:29 pm    Post subject: I would like to only see "Bad" tests in a log or r Reply with quote

I would like to just see "bad" test results in a compact list for the day. I have designed a report that automatically runs hourly giving me just the "bads" each hour, but as soon as the bad status changes I loose that information on the next report.

Is there a way to have my log viewer just show "bads" or to design a report to show me all the bad results that occured in 1 day?
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, HostMonitor does not create such log.
As workaround you may use "SQL Query" action to store all "bad" events in some table. Or you may use "Execute external program" action to create text log.

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: