KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Cannot change passwords on RMA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kvnsdr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:38 pm    Post subject: Cannot change passwords on RMA Reply with quote

I am still running the evaluation version and testing RMA's. Upon first setup, I used identical alphanumeric passwords in two remote Windows RMA's and the Host RMA Manager. After successful testing I wanted to change the passwords to be more dificult and secure. There still 7 character alphanumeric.

So, I changed the password on the remotes, applied the settings, stopped and restarted the services (using rma_cfg.exe) however when I enter the new password in RMA manager (on the host) I recieve a 'cannot read data' error (bad connection). I've also deleted and recreated RMA in RMA manager and still get the same error.

Now if I reuse the very first password I setup with, the RMA Manager connects fine. However the password on the remote RMA's are still supposedly setup with new paswords.

Help............... kevin@upgrade1.com
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) What version of the software do you use? RMA version? RMA Manager version?

Quote:
So, I changed the password on the remotes, applied the settings, stopped and restarted the services (using rma_cfg.exe) however when I enter the new password in RMA manager (on the host) I recieve a 'cannot read data' error

2) How did you enter new password in RMA Manager? Using "Agent configuration" button?. Or using "Change connection parameters" button/menu item?

Actually RMA Manager allows you to change passwords remotely (using "Agent configuration" button!). This method much better because you do not need to change password in 2 different places, so you will not make mistake and you do not need restart agent.

3) You are displaying your e-mail address in the topic. Of course its not a problem if you have perfect anti-spam software. Otherwise you will receive hundreds of junk mail every day.
You do not need to display your e-mail in the message. Forum allows to send e-mail to you without displaying your address.

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: