KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

RMA's for LAN Multiple Workstations?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kvnsdr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 3:47 pm    Post subject: RMA's for LAN Multiple Workstations? Reply with quote

I have successfully installed and currently monitor a Win2000 server on my clients remote LAN. The remote LAN firewall ports are opened to 1055 and route to 10.0.1.2 (server). All is well so far.....

I have installed another RMA on a Win2000 Pro workstation within the same LAN, setup and started the services, however I cannot connect as with the first installation mentioned above.

I understand from the help file that I only need one (1) RMA behind a firewall and then copy three (3) files from a know 'good' setup to the other workstations. I tried this first but I could not connect either.

NOTE: I've now found the solution and editing my own post to help others who may experience similar problems.

Typicaly 'CPU Usage' will not connect properly until the following settings are used. The following example uses ficticious IP's.

When connecting through a firewall, the primary RMA host 'Computer' (Test1 Properites) will be \\10.0.0.2, while the second pc on the LAN will be 'Computer' \\pc2 (Test2 Properties)

Just trying to help................
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, its simple. As I understand you configured firewall to redirect requests to SINGLE internal server. It means only SINGLE RMA (installed on that server) can receive requests.
If you copied and started RMA on 3 other servers, it means you installed (and you have running) 4 agents.
Solution?
1) reconfigure your firewall (if its possible)
2) probably you do not need 4 agents in the same LAN? One RMA can perform tests against many systems

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: