KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Different alerts for different times

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tyoungbauer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 9:33 am    Post subject: Different alerts for different times Reply with quote

How would I go about setting up diffeent alerts for different times. Example, I want to have my engineers email during the dya about a server going down but at night I want them paged. Under the current rules we get paged all day long. While in some cases that is OK other times it is a problem. Can I do it in the same alert or do I need two sets of tests to generate 2 different alerts for different times.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote from the manual:
Quote:
Time restriction
Schedules can be applied to actions the same way they were used for tests. With schedules, actions can be customized per time of the day. For instance, an action profile can be set up to page both the IT manager and the network administrator during regular office hours, and to page the administrator alone the rest of the time, while doing nothing else but writing to the log on weekends. To make this possible, simply check the "Time restriction" option and select an appropriate schedule.

It means - you don't need second set of tests. Just use 2 actions in the action profile - one for day time ("send e-mail" action), another for night ("send message to pager" action)

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: