KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Connection Manager and password reset

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marcus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 5:09 am    Post subject: Connection Manager and password reset Reply with quote

A great help would be an import mechanisme, so we can script new resources to be included.

Another (in my view better option) would be a 'default' account, which will use the resource (server) name as its server or domain name. If a specified account is available for a resource, it wil not use the default.

Simply stated: I want HostMonitor to run as a service, using the system account and use the connection manager to control a single account to be used for all servers.
But then there must be some thought about what to do when one out of many servers can not be contacted when the password is to be changed
And finally a schedule to reset the password every x days??
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Another (in my view better option) would be a 'default' account, which will use the resource (server) name as its server or domain name. If a specified account is available for a resource, it wil not use the default.

Some "default" item in Connection Manager that will be used for all resources without specified account? Yeah, it could be useful. I have added this task.

Quote:
And finally a schedule to reset the password every x days??

We almost implement this option but what if somebody mark option by mistake? Disaster...
So, we decide to wait for feed-back about Password Generator.

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Wish list All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: