KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

How to configure HM and RMAs in non-trusted domains?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rdol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 1:18 pm    Post subject: How to configure HM and RMAs in non-trusted domains? Reply with quote

Hi all,
HostMon on Server1 runs under Local System account. Server1 is a member server of Domain1. HostMon itself checks other member servers at Domain1. Due to Local System account restrictions I have configured Domain1\Service_account1 under Options\Startup\Service. Works great.

But now I have another Domain2 situated in DMZ, non-trusted with Domain1. I want to use RMA - it is ideal solution as it uses only one port through firewall.

I installed RMA on one server in Domain2. This agent runs under Local System too. Firewall ports are open, primitive test (like ping) work.

However, I want to run UDP tests against member server in Domain2. I have tried to use Domain2\Account2 and password in UDP tests definition. Unfortunately the result is RMA: 301 - Access is denied.

Any ideas? Is it possible to run RMA under Domain2\Account2 account?

Regards,

Radek
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
However, I want to run UDP tests against member server in Domain2. I have tried to use Domain2\Account2 and password in UDP tests definition. Unfortunately the result is RMA: 301 - Access is denied.

?? UDP test doesn't have any properties for username, password. May be you mean UNC test?

Quote:
Is it possible to run RMA under Domain2\Account2 account?

Why not. Use standard Service application (from Administrative Tools group) to change account.

Regards
Alex
rdol

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 2:03 am    Post subject: RMA in DMZ Reply with quote

Oops, of course I mean UNC test. It was a long day

Now it works as expected. RMA runs under Domain2\Account2 account, all tests return correct values and I do not have to specify Connect as username and password in every test properties.

Thanks,

Radek
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: