KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Import Function

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KS-Soft Forum Index -> HostMonitor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
baschuel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!

We are testing HostMonitor to use it in an NT enterprise environment with about 20 domains and 150 Servers.
Therefore it is very important to automate the process to add new clients.
I wish to use text-file templates for each Type of Server (domain-controller, wins-server, ...) to process them via script(perl).
But how can i specify the folder to add the client in the import-text file?!
How can I import the text-file via batch? (i dont want to use the GUI-Button)

Thats the first questions so far! (so far )

Thx and Greetz
baschuel
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably we can add to HostMonitor command line parameter to execute specified HM script. In the script file you can use set of commands to load HML file, specify folder, import tests from text file, and save HML file. HostMonitor will execute script and quit.
What do you think?

Regards
Alex
baschuel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

That sounds interesting! Can you give me a command reference for HM-Scripting?! You can send it to my email account!Thx! <-- OK, i found something in the manual! Is that all? Is there a command to create folders?

Another question: Why do you sort the list of clients by their test-name? From my point of view it is very more clear if you sort it by Clientname. I mean that is more clearly to add a new client and then assign the new client a set of tests!

Thx for your infos!
Bastian

[ This Message was edited by: baschuel on 2002-07-04 04:17 ]
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you can find information about script in the documentation (page 48 in the manual). There are no command to create folders yet.

>Another question: Why do you sort the list of clients by their test-name?

List of clients? HostMonitor does not know anythink about your clients, I assume you mean "list of tests"?
Sort method is absolutely up to you. Just click on column name and HostMonitor will change sort method. Also you can use different sorting for different folders. Please, look at Columns page in the Options dialog, and on Columns page in the Folder Properties dialog.

Regards
Alex
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KS-Soft Forum Index -> HostMonitor All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: