KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Not starting as service

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smithware

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 9:24 pm    Post subject: Not starting as service Reply with quote

I've read all the posts regarding hostmon not start properly as a service and nothing seems to help my situation. I have hostmon 4.14 running on Win2k sp4. I receive a "The Advanced Host Monitor service hung on starting. " in my system log. The host mon logs are not being written to....
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What status of the service?
Peter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 5:23 am    Post subject: At least one service or driver failed during system startup Reply with quote

KS-Soft wrote:
What status of the service?

i have the same problem (HM 4.14, w2K, SP4)

Event Viewer:
Application popup: Service Control Manager : At least one service or driver failed during system startup. Use Event Viewer to examine the event log for details.
Marcus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is known that windows will generate this error message when starting HostMonitor as a service. Check if the service itself is running and check the system log from HostMonitor to see if it actually is started.

If it does not write to the HostMonitor system log (and if you turned system logging on) then you should check the status of the service itself under Windows. Is it started with a user account or the System account, does the account have enough permissions to start on the server, etc.
Peter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The service is started with the system account and works fine. If the service runs with local Admin account hostmonitor works fine, too.
The message pops up every time i reboot the system...in both cases.

Apart from this i have no problem with the service
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So HostMonitor starts and works fine but system records "The Advanced Host Monitor service hung on starting" message. Its known problem but somehow we never was able to reproduce this problem on our systems.

Theoretically system should generate this message when service does not respond to Service Control Manager within 20 sec after start. HostMonitor sends necessary signal right after initializing. How it could take more than 20 sec...

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: