KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

How to use Good Status Action ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jax

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 1:59 am    Post subject: How to use Good Status Action ? Reply with quote

I may be missing something obvious but I seem to have a problem with the "Good" Status action.

I want to check cpu, if I have 100% on 3 successive tests I send a sms page, I did that via "Bad" Status Action and all is ok.

Now I want to be be notified if the status of the cpu goes under 100% after being 3 times over 100% so I put a "Good" status action and it sort of works only that if I have 1 test at 100% then as soon as it gets under 100% I get a Status Good message. What I would like is to have a Status Good message only if I get 3 successive test at 100% and then it goes under 100%.
timn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jax: In the Action Properties Dialog for the 'good test', you simply need to set 'Start when 3 consecutive 'good' results occur.

I do something similar to this that I posted about at:

http://www.ks-soft.net/cgi-bin/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1111

Also, are you making both the 'good' and 'bad' actions part of the same action profile?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply tim, unfortunately that does not work, if you set the good test at 3 it still send a status good message after 1fail+3 good.

What I want is have the status good message only when we get 3 fail + any number of good 1 or 3 does not matter.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should use "Action depends on bad one" option.
Quote from the manual:
Quote:

This optional parameter is available for "Good" actions only. You can set "Good" action dependable on a "Bad" action. Why do you need it? For example you defined "Bad" action to send an e-mail notification to the network administrator when test fails 3 times consecutively (start when 3 consecutive "Bad" results occur), also you defined «Good» action to send a notification when the test status changes to "Good". What will happen if test fails 1 or 2 times and after this it restores "Good" status? HostMonitor will not send a notification about failure (because test did not fail 3 times) but the program will send notification about restoring "Good" status. To avoid unnecessary "Good" action execution you can mark "Action depends on "bad" one" option and select "Bad" action. In this case HostMonitor will start "Good" action only if corresponding "Bad" action was executed.

Regards
Alex

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent, works fine, you obviously have put a lot of thought into it alex.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Other All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: