KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

RMA 1.11 and CPU / Memory tests

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
samplejs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 2:48 pm    Post subject: RMA 1.11 and CPU / Memory tests Reply with quote

So far I have set up 15 servers with RMA 1.11 and created tests on them. Two of the servers are giving the following error to the CPU Usage and Performance counter (Memory Megabytes Available) tests.

"RMA: Cannot read data"

The UNC and Service tests that are on those two servers report information back just fine.

I have tried removing and re-createing the tests but still no go.

Thanks for the help,
James
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is RMA running under administrator's account?

Regards
Alex
timn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this will help but I've seen it happen where I add a group of PerfMon tests and the the tests will fail on maybe 4 of 60 nodes.

However, I've noticed that if I then use RMA Manager to reload the RMA on the machines where it is failing, the tests then seem to run fine. This only seems to occur on PerfMon tests.

Under RMA Manager, select the RMA, then from Agent(s) menu, choose "Reload Agent" (You can also log into the RMA machine, run RMA_cfg, and stop and start the service for the same effect -- but RMA Manager is much easier if you are dealing with multiple RMAs)

Sidenote: I've noticed that if I restart the RMA service too quickly (i.e using the hard way of logging into RMA machine/rma_cfg), I will get an error in "log2.txt" stating that port 1055 is not available. If I stop the service, wait 10 seconds, then re-start, this error does not occur. (service will show RUNNING even if the port was not available so checking log2.txt is always a good idea if there is a problem). This situation does not seem to occur when using the Reload Agent option of the RMA Manager.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you experience problems with Performance Counter test only (CPU and Process tests work correctly), you may use PerfWorkMode option. This option works for HostMonitor (should be specified in hostmon.ini file) and RMA (should be specified in rma.ini file). Option described in the manual (http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mframe.htm#tests.htm#perfnotes)

But Samplejs has problem with CPU and Performance Counter test, it looks more like permissions problem.

Regards
Alex
samplejs

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex:

I found the problem. I must have fat fingered my typing when connecting to the agents with RMA manager. I had accidently set the timeout from 120 seconds to 1 second.

While most of the tests were fast enough to come back in less than a second the performance tests took too long and timed out.

Everything is fixed now and working great.

Thank you very much,
James
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: