KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Log book in web interface

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChristianD

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 6:28 am    Post subject: Log book in web interface Reply with quote

Is it possible to add a log book function in the web interface. I want the add to a test information when something has gone wrong by the web interface.

Also I would like to add information to a folder, because I have structured hostmonitor so that every application server is in its own folder.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>Is it possible to add a log book function in the web interface. I want the add to a test information when something has gone wrong by the web interface.

"add to a test information"? Do you want to have log that will display all previous modifications for each test? I don't think it will be implemented.
Or you just need log that will display information about web interface users?

Also I would like to add information to a folder, because I have structured hostmonitor so that every application server is in its own folder.

Do you mean you want to edit folder's properties using web interface? Or you want to see folder properties?

Regards
Alex
ChristianD

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I didn't do wel describing my wish.
I'll give it another try:

Whenever hostmonitor is saying a test isn't successfull it will turn red or yellow. Then we will look at the application/router or server that is failing. When we have the error I want to will in some information in hostmonitor at the failing test what went wrong. In the report we can tell the customer exactly what went wrong at the specifified time.

So the logbook function is describing what the exact error is on the infrastructure en i want that information coupled to hostmonitor.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see. I think you can use Comment property of the test. HostMonitor can display this fiels in the report and web interface displays this information as well.

Regards
Alex
ChristianD

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now the only possibility to enter comments is by starting up hostmon.exe. Is it possible to have it entered by the website. Or can it be scripted by a batch file.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Web Service cannot change test parameters. But you can use Telnet service for this purpose, see SetTestParam command.
http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/telnetservice/index.htm#cmdlist

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Wish list All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: