UNC test shows unknown

All questions related to installations, configurations and maintenance of Advanced Host Monitor (including additional tools such as RMA for Windows, RMA Manager, Web Servie, RCC).
Davelum

UNC test shows unknown

Post by Davelum »

I have 40+ servers I'm monitoring disk space on. 11 of them are Citrix machines, but this test only gives results for 1 of the 11 Citrix machines, and the rest of the test come back as "unknown". The test works fine for the other servers (NT4 and Win2K). All 11 Citrix machines are identical.

The method is "UNC availability/free disk space" and I'm tesking the root shares (\\servername\c$). All tests are set up the same, none using "connect as".

Ideas?

Dave.
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

I would recommend use "Connect as " option. Without this option tests will work only if HostMonitor's system already connect to the servers.
Also I think resources like "\\servername\c$" by default is not available for network.

Regards
Alex
Davelum

Post by Davelum »

Thanks Alex. I found the answer in my situation is my fellow IT staff changed permissions on my domain acct that Host Monitor uses - they had removed it as an admin from the Citrix farm. The c$ is available by default...if you're an admin. They changed the premissions and I'm back in business.

I am monitoring so many different domains I am using "connect as" in many places already, and this was one place I wasn't using it.

Thanks as always Alex, you do great work here.

Dave.