KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

UNC test shows unknown

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davelum

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:36 am    Post subject: UNC test shows unknown Reply with quote

I have 40+ servers I'm monitoring disk space on. 11 of them are Citrix machines, but this test only gives results for 1 of the 11 Citrix machines, and the rest of the test come back as "unknown". The test works fine for the other servers (NT4 and Win2K). All 11 Citrix machines are identical.

The method is "UNC availability/free disk space" and I'm tesking the root shares (\\servername\c$). All tests are set up the same, none using "connect as".

Ideas?

Dave.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would recommend use "Connect as " option. Without this option tests will work only if HostMonitor's system already connect to the servers.
Also I think resources like "\\servername\c$" by default is not available for network.

Regards
Alex
Davelum

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Alex. I found the answer in my situation is my fellow IT staff changed permissions on my domain acct that Host Monitor uses - they had removed it as an admin from the Citrix farm. The c$ is available by default...if you're an admin. They changed the premissions and I'm back in business.

I am monitoring so many different domains I am using "connect as" in many places already, and this was one place I wasn't using it.

Thanks as always Alex, you do great work here.

Dave.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: