KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Views/Alias

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dpeterka

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 6:13 pm    Post subject: Views/Alias Reply with quote

Let's say I've got two groups of people looking at host monitor. Group A) The administrators would want to see if all of the servers responded to a ping test or if all the webservers were responding to port 80. Group B) Applications owners would want to see if some of the servers were responding to a ping test, some to port 80 and if no errors were being logged in an log file.

Ideally I'd like to present the results of tests in a manner both groups of people could use without having duplicates of the same test. Group A) could have an 'all servers view' Group B) Could have a 'my application' view. Besides customizing reports, can this be done elsewhere?
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you can distribute tests among folders. In this case you will be able to specify the same report profiles for different folders. Report profiles specified in the Options dialog will display all tests, reports generated by a folder will contain folder specific tests.

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Wish list All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: