KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

File checking

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KS-Soft Forum Index -> HostMonitor
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. I have a test set up to monitor a file to prevent it from growing over a certain size. (ex. test.db). However, for one reason or another, if the filename changes case, such as TEST.DB, the test fails. It also seems to happen if I am monitoring a file for a certain string, and the filename changes case (not the contents of what I am monitoring), the test fails. Is this a known issue or am I missing a setting somewhere? Thank you.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its very strange behavior. Windows API must be case insensitive to file name. What Windows do you use? Or probably you use UNC path to check file on remote Unix system? In this case you have to specify file name in correct case.

Regards
Alex

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm checking an NT share/directory via unc path. I am running hostmonitor on W2k and the files in question are on NT 4. I am not checking any type of unix. I noticed that if I try to check a file that I have in lower case, and the file in in uppercase, then I get a file not found error.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe you, but its nothing we can do. Only Microsoft can correct this problem. From another side its not a problem, its good behavior. UNC path must work with different systems, some file systems case insensitive, some case sensitive. So, we have the same behavior for all of them.
I see two solutions in your case: 1) use correct register for the file name 2) map network resource to local drive and use path like "n:folder1file2.ext"

Regards
Alex
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KS-Soft Forum Index -> HostMonitor All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: