Good status action only on formerly "Bad" events

All questions related to installations, configurations and maintenance of Advanced Host Monitor (including additional tools such as RMA for Windows, RMA Manager, Web Servie, RCC).
MirkoW

Good status action only on formerly "Bad" events

Post by MirkoW »

Hello,

i'm using a powershell script which randomly have timeouts. I did uncheck the optional status processing "Tread Unknown status as Bad" to avoid this kind of error messages.
I also want a "Good" status action but only when it was bad before, not unknown.

How i can set this dependency at good status action?

Best regards,
Mirko
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

quote from the manual

Action depends on "bad" one
This optional parameter is available for "Good" actions only. You can set "Good" action dependable on a "Bad" action. Why do you need it? For example you defined "Bad" action to send an e-mail notification to the network administrator when test fails 3 times consecutively (start when 3 consecutive "Bad" results occur), also you defined «Good» action to send a notification when the test status changes to "Good". What will happen if test fails 1 or 2 times and after this it restores "Good" status? HostMonitor will not send a notification about failure (because test did not fail 3 times) but the program will send notification about restoring "Good" status. To avoid unnecessary "Good" action execution you can mark "Action depends on "bad" one" option and select "Bad" action. In this case HostMonitor will start "Good" action only if corresponding "Bad" action was executed.

Regards
Alex
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Please note: looks like your support term expired 13 years ago.
(updates covered by LifeTime Updates option)
You may contact sales by e-mail and order support

Regards
Alex
MirkoW

Post by MirkoW »

Thanks for fast support.
I already saw this option but wasn't sure if this will be the required option.

It's still great to use Hostmonitor for this long time. I did contact the sales team for technical support subscriptions.

Best regards,

Mirko
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

You are welcome :)

Regards
Alex