KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Loadbalancing Hostmonitor vs RMA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gorisdean

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:30 am    Post subject: Loadbalancing Hostmonitor vs RMA Reply with quote

We run our tests on the local hostmonitor and a remote RMA agent. We distributed the load randomly between the two machines. Resource problems sometimes lead to failed tests on our hostmonitor. Therefore, we want to better load balance our tests between the host monitor and the passive RMA.
To do this we would have liked to use the Backup Agent with the load balancing feature. Unfortunately, only the RMA are seen there. Can I somehow load balance with the hostmonitor or do I have to define it as an RMA first?
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What exactly resource problem? Does HostMonitor use too much memory? CPU? Handles? Disk I/O?
May we see numbers?
What kind of tests performed most often? Ping? URL? ODBC? NT Event Log? some file related tests?
May we see screen shots or stats file from Auditing Tool (menu View)?
HostMonitor version?
Windows version?
You may send details by e-mail (support at ks-soft.net)

Quote:
To do this we would have liked to use the Backup Agent with the load balancing feature. Unfortunately, only the RMA are seen there.

Correct.
Usually HostMonitor can perform hundreds tests per second without problems; thousand tests/sec for light tests like Ping.

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: