KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CPU monitoring

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KS-Soft Forum Index -> HostMonitor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bgd

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Require some info. Tried some cpu testing on NT servers running Citrix Metaframe. It appears to hang the NT servers.

Can you monitor these servers operating under citrix? Or could I be doing something else wrong.

I used both an admin ID and a server logon ID
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truth to say never tried HostMonitor with Citrix. To perform CPU test HostMonitor read one of Performance counters which is implemented as pseudo-registry data. Normally it must not have any effects on system execution.

Regards
Alex
bgd

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hangs occur after a period of time. reduced the monitoring to 1 server - after about 4-5 hours the machine appears frozen.

After you connect to the remote server, do your routines logoff the user after the test is performed?
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think so, but it will be checked one more time...

Regards
Alex
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked code, everythink Ok. HostMonitor disconnects from registry, release all handles. It does not cancel network connection (HostMonitor establish connection with remote system when you use "Connect as" option), but it must not be problem. If connection already established, Windows does not make new one.
Do you running HostMonitor on regular NT system and check remote Citrix Metaframe system? Do you use "Connect as" option in CPU Usage test? Could you try to disable this option?

Regards
Alex
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KS-Soft Forum Index -> HostMonitor All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: