KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Start Second test automatically after other test Finishes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eddymicro

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:58 am    Post subject: Start Second test automatically after other test Finishes Reply with quote

I have an external program test that can take a variable amount of time to complete, it returns 0 when successful, it will run on a schedule of 4 times per day. As soon as it completes, I want to execute a second test, a text log test, to read the results from a file created by the first test. I cannot use figure out how to use "Waiting for Master" because the first test is always "OK". I only want to run the second test when the first test finishes successfully, so the second test does not really need a schedule.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Run Text Log 4 times a day.
Set External test as Master test for Text Log, set some long interval for this test, e.g. 23 hours (any interval that is longer than interval set for Text Log test).
This way Text Log will trigger Master test update before its own execution.

Regards
Alex
eddymicro

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes that is how I had set it up, with the dependent (second) test running every 23 hours.

For some reason the second test is not starting directly after the master test completes, and that is what I want to happen. I have synchronize counters on for the second test. I think it was working at one point but I am not sure what to change to force the second test to start when the first one completes.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please check my message again, you should do opposite - set 23 hours for Master test; dependent should use your preferable schedule and trigger master.

Regards
Alex
eddymicro

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, that worked great!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: