KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Action properties with execute by variable RMA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rgoebel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:02 pm    Post subject: Action properties with execute by variable RMA Reply with quote

Hi there,

I have the following problem: (I hope that I can explain it correctly)
I have a test for several servers which must be tested by an RMA agent.
When the test goes bad, then I want to run a external program on the server over the RMA agent.

I know that I can select in the Action properties an agent to run the external program, but this means that I must create for each server test and agent a separet action profile.

Is an option existing that the action propertie will automatic use the RMA agent which was used for the test?

Thanks a lot.

Bye, Robert
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote from the manual

Execute by
Actions can be performed by HostMonitor or by Remote Monitoring Agent (RMA). "Execute by" option allows you to specify how and where action should be performed. You may select from the list one of the items:

Test Performer
action will be executed by the same application that had performed the test (test that triggered alert reaction).
What this means? As you know test can be performed by HostMonitor or RMA. It is a usual situation when some tests performed by HostMonitor, while other tests performed by various agents. Single action profile is assigned to many different tests is usual as well. If some test fails and triggers alert reaction, action with "Test Performer" option specified will be executed by the same module (HostMonitor or RMA) that was specified for test execution. So, if HostMonitor performed the test, alert action will be executed by HostMonitor as well. If agent performed the test, action will be executed by the same agent.

HostMonitor
action will be executed by HostMonitor

Specific RMA
action will be executed by specific agent. You may select an agent from drop down list or click on a button (to the right of the field) to manage agent list.
Note: if specified RMA was linked with backup RMA and test was performed by that backup agent then action will be executed by the same backup agent.

Regards
Alex
rgoebel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I never seen the Test Performer.

Perfect thats what I need.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: