KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

System status shown on large TV/Monitor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kren

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:39 am    Post subject: System status shown on large TV/Monitor Reply with quote

Hi everyone

I work in a an SME in a small team, and look after the network and Infrastructure - this is the 2nd time I've implemented Hostmonitor in a new company, after encountering it back in 2005ish - and I'm sure I'm a very shallow user compared to a lot!

As a quick heads up for the team, and for anyone visiting, we bought a 40" TV and have a PC outputting to it, mounted high on our wall. I have a report set to autogenerate every minute, outputting to a HTML file, and storing that file on the monitoring server in a share. The PC then displays that via a full-screen chrome window, with a little addin that updates the page every 5 seconds. In theory this means that within 65 seconds of a test going bad, it's available for everyone to see.

The report we use is "custom HTML" with all tests selected, and default sorting order. I've edited the HTML file so any fails appear in a triple wide cell, to really make them stand out.

I was just wondering who else has a "wallboard" style display, and how you output your data? It would be interesting to see alternate views and methods.
Kren

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:01 am    Post subject: Here's what my output looks like Reply with quote

Here's why my screen looks like - shown in the same order as my tests, broken down by site and sections, and then all the tests in one folder shown across the page:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10155651066797581&set=a.87520472580&type=3&theater
the first test is always a ping test to the device.
For servers, the next 3 are a series of space checks for high/med/low free space left. Servers with multiple drives have more of these in sets of 3
Then it's a bunch of service checks for things like SQL and custom processes for apps
Normally at the end is a CPU monitor
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

May be Dashboard report would be better in this case?
It can show recent events
Also there is "Refresh every N sec" option
(probably you added <META HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" CONTENT="5"> tag to your Custom HTML report?)
https://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/examples/dashboard3.htm

Web interface offers DashBoard view as well.

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Other All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: