KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

pasive RMA on VPN Subsidiary

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
medow1982

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:11 am    Post subject: pasive RMA on VPN Subsidiary Reply with quote

Hi to Everbody,
can please anybody explain shortly the difference between active and passive RMA?

I think about buying the Hostmonitor Advanced Licence, including RMA.
I´d like to monitor 200-400 test methods in the small head office and 200-400 test methods in a Subsidiary, which is connected over VPN.
I only want to buy one Licence in total and I´d like to avoid much traffic over the VPN.
It should be possible to set a mail smtp server on both site, especialy on the remote site (subsidiary where the RMA will be installed).
If the VPN link goes down, the RMA on the remote site should send a information message to the subsidiary itself, even is HM on the head office is not reachable via ping.
Is it possible to do that with only 1 advanced Licence?
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
can please anybody explain shortly the difference between active and passive RMA?

https://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/rma-win/index.htm#passiveORactive

Quote:
If the VPN link goes down, the RMA on the remote site should send a information message to the subsidiary itself, even is HM on the head office is not reachable via ping.

If there is no connection between HostMonitor and RMA agent, agent will not be able to do anything.
HostMonitor may start some action and tell you "link is down".

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: