KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

SMS modem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aib

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:27 am    Post subject: SMS modem Reply with quote

We have a USB modem Huawei E8231. We try to set up the sending of notifications via SMS, but even the test SMS does not pass. You can select only the COM port, but this is a USB modem. None of the 4 COM ports in the program does not work. Please tell me how to set up. The device is defined as the network adapter. Its properties do not have a tab "modem" and configure COM ports. The modem is not defined as a flash drive and does not put additional programs. There are no modems or COM ports in the device manager.
How to make the hostmonitor work with the modem?
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The device is defined as the network adapter.

Then Send SMS (GSM) action will not work. It works with some (not all) GSM modems using COM port.
Some Huawei devices can switch modes and enable COM port emulation.
Also, some Huawei devices provide HTTP->SMS interface, in this case you may use HTTP Request action to send SMS.
But I am checking Huawei E8231 manual and I do not see any details regarding such options (just this: The E8231supports message writing/sending/receiving. Web page provides strong message management, including outbox, inbox, draft box, and so on; supports sorting by time)
http://m.setuprouter.com/router/huawei/e8231/manual-2113.pdf

I would recommend to contact Huawei and ask how to enable COM port emulation on this device.

Quote:
None of the 4 COM ports in the program does not work.

There are no COM ports in the program.
Program works with system (Windows) COM ports. If some device installs COM20, HostMonitor will work with COM20, its not limited to 4 ports.
If you have no COM port, then of course COM port does not work.

Quote:
How to make the hostmonitor work with the modem?

If its impossible to emulate COM port and device does not support HTTP->SMS gateway, then you need another modem

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: