KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

SMTP Error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stefano.soncini

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:10 am    Post subject: SMTP Error Reply with quote

Hello everyone,
i'm using Advanced Host Monitor 10.70 on Windows Server SP2, 32bit, 8gb RAM.
We have a test in error that doesn't send email.
The log says:
"SMTP client error: Error reading ResultsMemo.Lines.Strings: System Error. Code: 8.Not enough storage is available to process this command"
and
"SMTP client error: Error reading ResultsMemo.Lines.Strings: System Error. Code: 1401.Invalid menu handle"
I've attached the screenshot here:
[img]https://ibb.co/fApgOx[/img]
The server use less than 20% of the resource of cpu, ram and hardisk has 50gb free.
In windows event viewer there is no error in evidence.
Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
Stefano
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Windows is out of resources (probably user or GDI objects).
Please send request to support@ks-soft.net, we need information about every process on your system, list of test methods, etc

Regards
Alex
LANTONIO

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: SMTP Error Reply with quote

stefano.soncini wrote:
Hello everyone,
i'm using Advanced Host Monitor 10.70 on Windows Server SP2, 32bit, 8gb RAM.
We have a test in error that doesn't send email.
The log says:
"SMTP client error: Error reading ResultsMemo.Lines.Strings: System Error. Code: 8.Not enough storage is available to process this command"
and
"SMTP client error: Error reading ResultsMemo.Lines.Strings: System Error. Code: 1401.Invalid menu handle"
I've attached the screenshot here:
[img]https://ibb.co/fApgOx[/img]
The server use less than 20% of the resource of cpu, ram and hardisk has 50gb free.
In windows event viewer there is no error in evidence.
Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
Stefano

Hi Stefano, did you able to resolve the issue? My situation is identical to yours.

Thanks.
Antonio
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Similar error can be caused by different reasons. May be buggy ODBC driver from Oracle, may be you just starting 2000 "send e-mail" actions at once (new version can handle this while old version will show error). Impossible to say anything for sure unless you provide details.

Regards
Alex
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will you provide details?
- HostMonitor version? Very old 10.70? latest 13.40?
- Windows version?
- Antivirus monitor?
- Do you use ODBC logging, SQL Query action or ODBC test method? If yes, what ODBC driver do you use?
- Any problems detected by Auditing Tool?

Regards
Alex
LANTONIO

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KS-Soft wrote:
Similar error can be caused by different reasons. May be buggy ODBC driver from Oracle, may be you just starting 2000 "send e-mail" actions at once (new version can handle this while old version will show error). Impossible to say anything for sure unless you provide details.

Regards
Alex

Which version fix this issue?

Thanks,
Antonio
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said we have no idea what exactly is the reason of the problem in your case, you did not provide any details.
Similar error can be caused by different reasons. May be buggy ODBC driver from Oracle, may be you just starting 2000 "send e-mail" actions at once, may be 3rd party software used too many system resources (handles, user objects, desktop heap).

Could you please provide details and answer above questions?

Regards
Alex
LANTONIO

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KS-Soft wrote:
As I said we have no idea what exactly is the reason of the problem in your case, you did not provide any details.
Similar error can be caused by different reasons. May be buggy ODBC driver from Oracle, may be you just starting 2000 "send e-mail" actions at once, may be 3rd party software used too many system resources (handles, user objects, desktop heap).

Could you please provide details and answer above questions?

Regards
Alex

Details:
- HostMonitor version? Very old 10.70? latest 13.40? --> v13.14 as a service
- Windows version? --> windows server 2016 Std
- Antivirus monitor? --> Kaspersky
- Do you use ODBC logging, SQL Query action or ODBC test method? If yes, what ODBC driver do you use? --> SQL Server v10.00 and Oracle 12.02
- Any problems detected by Auditing Tool? --> No

Thanks,
Antonio
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most likely problem caused by Oracle client software, usually it has thousand bugs and lead to many problems
Try to disable Oracle related tests, actions, logging (e.g. switch to file logging or use MS SQL server).

Also you may try Oracle client v19.3, it works fine in our tests (but not newer like 19.9) and should support old Oracle server version 12.2 (and newer). I would suggest to consult with Oracle support team regarding client-server compatibility.

Also you may setup couple Dominant Process tests to check Handles, Threads, Memory usage on HostMonitor system. You may set tests to check all processes and another set of tests to check just hostmon.exe process.
I would suggest to use private log file for these tests and Full or Reply logging mode.
This may help to detect resource leaks, often caused by Oracle client.

Also, this error may happen if HostMonitor tries to send 1000 e-mails at once. Solution - update HostMonitor to v13.30 and/or adjust your config. E.g. use Master test(s) so HostMonitor will not need to send 1000 e-mail when your router fails.

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: