KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Multible EDITs of tests

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hmo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alex!

You can select multible tests and EDIT generel settings for many (at once) for those. I need You to make a "global approach" for the following Items:

Process -> Check process on....
Service -> Check service on....

We're stepping away from v3.x into v4.x and every Process and Service test has to be edited one-by-one ... I hate that!

A BIG SMILE FROM ME TO YOU ..

Cheers,
Hans Mosegaard

PS: That goes for HM v4.x only... no one wanna use v3.x anymore!!

[ This Message was edited by: hmo on 2003-07-28 08:17 ]
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>We're stepping away from v3.x into v4.x and every Process and Service test has to be edited one-by-one ... I hate that

It needs a lof of changes in code
But why do you need to change name of the target system? As I understand you want to use remote agent to perform test? I think you don't need to change name of the system. Agent performs test in the same way when you select "<local computer>" or when you provide name of the system where agent is installed. I think you need to change "Test By" property only. You may do it for group of tests..

Regards
Alex
hmo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you're going from RPC - ie. HM make directly RPC calls to target - witch is used in v3.x, one have set the target IP in the "Check service on.." field! It's the same for Processes.

Even though I change "Test by", I also need a change for targit IP... ie. <local computer>. I migth have made a mistake back in v3.x - and now I have to pay for it!

Sooo... you say that it needs a lot of code-change for makeing group-edit on those entrys? Any way I can work-around this? Manual edit in configuration file? Anything I should take care of?

Cheers,
Hans Mosegaard

smckenna

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember reading about a separate global search replace tool. I suppose that would satify us.

But, I am going yo jump in here and add that switching 50 Ping test from 2000ms to 5000ms would be nice as a group select.

If all tests are of a common type, add common field to interface. I do realize that statement severely understates the amount of code it would take.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>Any way I can work-around this? Manual edit in configuration file? Anything I should take care of?

You may export tests into text file, edit it, and export back to HostMonitor.
If you want to replace all target systems to the same name (<local computer> as I understand), I can add new parameter for SetTestParam command (HMScript). In this case you will be able to use command "SetTestParam _AllService TargetSystem ''"

Regards
Alex
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>But, I am going yo jump in here and add that switching 50 Ping test from 2000ms to 5000ms would be nice as a group select.

You can do it by single command "ReplaceTestParam _AllPing timeout 2000 5000". Just create text file with this command and click menu "File"->"Execute script". If you have ping tests in different directories you may need to add SetCurrentFolder and IncludeSubfolders commands.
See http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mframe.htm#actions.htm#actScript

Regards
Alex
smckenna

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Wish list All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: