KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

General Status Test

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jromariz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:34 am    Post subject: General Status Test Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a group of tests for each system we monitor. I would like to create a general test that would show good status if all other tests on the group are good and bad status if any of the tests on the group is bad. Also I would like to generate a report showing only the the status of the general tests.

What would be the best way to implement this?

Thanks for helping.

Regrads,

Joao.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may create additional test with predefined result, e.g. "ping 127.0.0.1". Then set the following option: This test depends on Expression (%FolderCurrent_BadTests%==0) or ((%FolderCurrent_BadTests% ==1) and ('%SimpleStatus%'=='DOWN')) and use "Bad" for "OtherwiseStatus" option.
Also you should enable "Synchronize counters" and "Synchronize status&alerts" options.

Regards
Alex
jromariz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex,

Thanks for the reply. One more doubt: is this expression correct?

('%::TEST 1::SimpleStatus%'=='DOWN') or ('%::TEST 2::SimpleStatus%'=='DOWN') or ('%::TESTE 3::SimpleStatus%'=='DOWN')

Trying to use it on "Perform test if" field but itīs not performing the test when one or more tests on the expression change status do Bad.

Thanks again.

Regards.

Jromariz.
jromariz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex,

Forget about it.

My fault.

Regards,

Jromariz.
brox

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 5:47 am    Post subject: Some tests behave strangely since upgrade from 7.78 to 10.60 Reply with quote

EDIT: Sorry this was supposed to be a new post ...

Hi

We have 3 Enterprise licenses for Host Monitor and have been using it for the past 8 years and very happy.
Finally I got 3 x Enterprise (lifetime updates) licenses and decided to upgrade them all to the latest version.

Had some minor issues importing the HML files from the old version but after re-saving and restarting all seemed ok.

Everything is working fine apart from some 'group' tests we set up ( we use a special test expression you provided - see below) which does not always react until a manual 'refresh' of the test and then it sets all other 'group' tests in different folders to 'Bad' as well , meaning it looks like lots of tests are failing and we suddenly get multiple alerts.

I have deleted and re-created all of these special 'group' tests and still the problem remains.

The details of the test we are using are provided below in a link to the original query from another user and your response is quoted below that ( this is what we use in our 'group' tests )
This has been working perfectly until we upgraded

Any ideas what has changed or how we can fix the issue?

From this thread back in 2009:

http://www.ks-soft.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=19603&sid=54a08bb3e0a88725340ecf832d185120

relevant quote:

KS-Soft wrote:
You may create additional test with predefined result, e.g. "ping 127.0.0.1". Then set the following option: This test depends on Expression (%FolderCurrent_BadTests%==0) or ((%FolderCurrent_BadTests% ==1) and ('%SimpleStatus%'=='DOWN')) and use "Bad" for "OtherwiseStatus" option.
Also you should enable "Synchronize counters" and "Synchronize status&alerts" options.

Regards
Alex
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I do not understand your config and how test can "sets all other 'group' tests in different folders to 'Bad'".
Probably some tests depend on this master test and you are using "Synchronize status and alerts" option?
Can you send your config files to support@ks-soft.net?

Regards
Alex
brox

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Alex - I've emailed the HML file from one of the sites in question.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem fixed.
Update available on request

Regards
Alex
brox

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 2:26 am    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Thanks Alex for the quick fix!
Great support - much appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: