KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Stop RCC from running more than one instance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HakanH

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:52 am    Post subject: Stop RCC from running more than one instance Reply with quote

I look at RCC many times a day and I often end up with 3 or 4 instances running.

Are there any way to stop RCC from minimize to notification area and only minimize so that it's still seen on the task bar?

Or even better, stop RCC from running more than one instance and instead open the old instance when I click on the shortcut?

Hakan
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Are there any way to stop RCC from minimize to notification area and only minimize so that it's still seen on the task bar?

Options -> Preferences -> Icon in system tray -> uncheck

Quote:
Or even better, stop RCC from running more than one instance and instead open the old instance when I click on the shortcut?

No such option. We think several instances is a good idea - you can login under different user accounts with different permissions and home folders, etc

Regards
Alex
HakanH

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also think it's a good idea to be able to run several instances but most of the time I only want to run one.

Couldn't there be a checkbox "Run only one instance" under options in RCC so that each user can decide if and when they want to run one or many instances?

Regards
Hakan
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can limit # of RCC connections per user on HostMonitor side (menu User -> Operators)

Regards
Alex
HakanH

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I have set the limit and that solves my problem, I still think "Run only one instance" would be better but this is OK.

Thanks
HÃ¥kan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: