KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Multiple Calendars

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BillB

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:56 am    Post subject: Multiple Calendars Reply with quote

How about adding the ability to select multiple schedules for tests.

EX: A master schedule for datacenter wide planned outages, and the ability to include other schedules for applications/tests which may have other regular maintenance.

This prevent me from having to change multiple calendars (~50) when there is a planned datacenter outage.

-B
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure I understand. How single test item can be performed on several different schedules?

Regards
Alex
BillB

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would make the calendars additive, and each test would only ever run on one calendar which would be the sum of all calendars enabled for the test. I will try to explain a bit more.

I have a calendar for all of my tests which excludes every third tuesday and the following thursday 20:00 - 22:30 for each month for maintenance. This is enterprise wide. In addition to this calendar I have some applications which require maintenance on weekends but in order for me to disable them during this time I need to make a custom calendar and assign it to the tests for those applications. If it could work like this instead..

Test1 - Default Calendar (exclude 3d tuesdays + thursdays 20:00-22:30)
+ Calendar2 (exclude saturdays from 18:00 - 19:00)

Also, if we could have more than one definable holiday this would allow for a more customizable calendar.

-B
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

H'm, such option will not be implemented soon...
We plan to implement "pause from .. till .." option for the test items. Probably this will help you because you will be able to schedule non-regular maintenance intervals for the tests without using additional schedules

Regards
Alex
cichockia

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a similar problem, I have a group of tests that are performed on the day defined in the calendar as a holiday and a second group of tests that can not be done the day after the holiday.

I suggest you add the ability to define several calendars in the first I set the calendar as the feast day eg 2016-12-12 and in the second I set the calendar feast on 2016-12-13.
or
I suggest you configure the schedule to add your own defined date that corresponds to the defined days of holidays on the calendar.
For example:
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
holidays
A new day -> Add holiday - the definition is to determine how many days of holidays as defined by the calendar, for example, -1 days or 2 days
Now you can define the hours for the tests so the added row

Could use a variable that returns the day is a holiday in the calendar.
Like the variable %ddd% returns the current day of the week or %ddd[-1d]% the previous day of the week.

Regards
Artur[/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Wish list All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: