KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Performance problem - test interval delayed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rc

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:07 am    Post subject: Performance problem - test interval delayed Reply with quote

Hi Alex,

our HostMonitor installation v. 9.93 on HP ProLiant DL380 G7 L5630 2.13GHz currently includes 20,000 tests. That means about 57 tests per second. OS is Windows Server 2012. According Auditing tool everything is ok but "5 min" tests are carried out on average once every 6 minutes. That would not be so bad but in alert situation we use short intervall (1 min). These tests are unfortunately running only in distance of 2 minutes. This deviation is too big.
I do not understand that. The server is actually oversized. All other functions and the stability is very good. However, the web frontend is also very slow (for years).

Here is an excerpt from the debug log:

27.07.2016 10:49:44
Timer1: 1 27.07.2016 10:49:42
Timer2: 1
PoolRecAvail: 4096
TTLimit1: 100
TCnt1: 19790
TTThreads: 47
LIdx: 16020
ATCnt2: 32

Maybe there a secret option to optimize the planning of the execution of the checks?

For any inquiries, I'm willing to help

Regards
Rico
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Secret option? Its not a secret - we optimized a lot in HostMonitor version 10.
Could you please update?
Check your registration codes before update using menu Help->Update check

Regards
Alex
rc

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The answer is a bit disappointing .

Should this statement to mean that the old program version is unable to comply with short intervals as accurately as possible ?

The new features I need not necessarily. Where I have my doubts whether the upgrade will improve the Situation.

Incidentally tests are executed immediately when I start it manually! There are simply not enough to start testing at the same time, although I have already set the value for " TTLimit " to 100. This has shown no effect. Sometimes I've even found 3 minute delay for a test to be performed once per Minute. In the system log or debug log no evidence to appear.

It would be interesting how the algorithm of scheduling works in order to understand the behavior..
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Should this statement to mean that the old program version is unable to comply with short intervals as accurately as possible ?

In some cases yes.
Hard to say for sure without checking your settings - we may spend a week checking all your settings because performance/load depends on 1000 options and some options is not checked by Auditing Tool because its hard to predict impact on performance.
E.g. if you have 10,000 dependent test items with "depends on expression" option set, this slows down HostMonitor version 9 a lot. Version 10 processes such master-dependant relations much faster.

If your free updates & support term is not expired yet, please update HostMonitor to latest version.
If your support term expired, send all config files to us, will try to find some tweak.

Quote:
The answer is a bit disappointing

If you have valid license, just update software. New version works better.
If your license expired, then officially we do not have to provide any support.
btw: 9.93 is custom version, officially never released. Probably we just provided some improvements/corrections for you...

Regards
Alex
rc

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I send you the configuration files to support@ks-soft.net.
Thanks in advance
Rico
rc

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:47 am    Post subject: important update - performance trouble only in service mode Reply with quote

Hi Alex,

I made an important discovery yesterday:
I started the Hostmonitor in application mode. Settings I have not changed. To my surprise, the host monitor is now running like a race car. All 20,000 tests are carried out exactly at the specified interval. Also, the web interface is now much faster than before . I'm excited.

The question of course now : Why the system is running in the service mode so slow (Windows Server 2012)?
The difference is currently about 10 tests/sec and 2000 checks more in 5 min

Regards
Rico
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sent you couple e-mails.
In short
- normally service should work faster than application;
- we checked application mode only, now we will test service mode...

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: