KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

SOAP test doesnīt use account from credential manager

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrw

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:05 am    Post subject: SOAP test doesnīt use account from credential manager Reply with quote

Hi,
The title says it all I guess? I canīt get any other credentials to work other that those I specify directly in the SOAP test itself.

//Andreas..
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course. Connection Manager does not allow you to setup accounts for tests like URL, HTTP, SOAP, IMAP, POP3, Mail Relay
Where is the bug?

Regards
Alex
mrw

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, since I can enter a username/password in the SOAP test properties I would think that I could just use username and password from an entry in the connection manager instead. From a user point of view I canīt see a difference from other tests regarding credentials.
Thatīs why I thought itīs a bug when it didnīt work.
But if thatīs by design isnīt it possible to implement?

//Andreas..
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you specify login/password for some specific test method, it has nothing to do with Connection Manager. Even for test methods that work with Connecton Manager; e.g. if you enable "connect as" option and specify username/password for CPU Usage test, this option tells HostMonitor "do not use Connection Manager". At the same time some tests do not work with Connection Manager at all. As you may see Connection Manager does not offer any option related to SOAP test.

May be I just misunderstand the problem?
I just do not see a reason to use Connection Manager for tests like URL, SOAP or Mail Relay.
Do you need to tests many SOAP services using the same login/password, the same request and you want to save a little bit of time by keeping just one account for all servers?

Regards
Alex
mrw

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same SOAP test for several servers. And those servers have an entry in the connection manager that other tests uses. And when I implement a new server I always just copy all test to the new server. Saves me time and reduces places I need to configure.

I simply like to avoid entering credentials directly in a test if I can avoid it. So I just assumed I could to this with the SOAP test.

//Andreas..
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see. Ok, I added task into "to do" list.

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Bug reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: