KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Can I monitor what happened in Hostmonitor run as service?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clerevan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:52 am    Post subject: Can I monitor what happened in Hostmonitor run as service? Reply with quote

Hi KS-Soft,

I have several issue regarding hostmonitor start as service, when i tried to start it as service somehow some of test are failing. And somehow when i make it as application it start to good again, is there any way to look at service interface in windows server 2008 r2? By the way the test which is failing is Drive Free Space is started to say that access is denied even though as application it run well, I have already give authentication in connection manager though.

Thank you,
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have several issue regarding hostmonitor start as service, when i tried to start it as service somehow some of test are failing. And somehow when i make it as application it start to good again, is there any way to look at service interface in windows server 2008 r2?

Use RCC or Web Service
http://ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/rcc/index.htm
http://ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/webservice/index.htm

Quote:
By the way the test which is failing is Drive Free Space is started to say that access is denied even though as application it run well, I have already give authentication in connection manager though

Drive Free Space checks some remote system?
Target system located in the same LAN and domain?
UAC enabled (on system where HostMonitor is running)?
What account do you use to run HostMonitor service?
Do you use tests like CPU Usage or Process for remote systems? Works fine?

Regards
Alex
clerevan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay I've already found the issue right now, but still i have a thing to be asked.

So I have this issue, Because wrong configuration in connection manager one of my test is failing when i tried to do Drive Free Space Test, but when i started as an application it works fine. So it started to turn to bad when it start as an application and it send me emails about that test become bad. But, when I tried to open hostmonitor using my account/my credential has access in the target test, then suddenly it turn to good without any email send to me.

Why this is happened? I've already check so that hostmonitor will send me email if it turn to good action depends on bad one, but it won't send to me any email when it turn to good when i open the hostmonitor as an application under my account.

thank you
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you please explain what exactly means "I tried to open hostmonitor using my account/my credential"?
- Did you start 2nd instance of HostMonitor in application mode while service was running?
- Did you stop service and start application?
- Or may be you just connected to HostMonitor using RCC?

Could you please send screen shots with action settings and test results to support@ks-soft.net?

Regards
Alex
KS-Soft Europe

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. We recommend to use BUILT-IN administrator account for HostMonitor Service (menu Options -> Service) for UAC enabled Windows systems.
2. Where do you store HostMonitor configuration files (*.LST, *.INI, *.HML)?
We recommend to use default location (C:\ProgramData\HostMonitor\) or some other non-system location, not affected by file system virtualization/redirection
3. Since HostMonitor version 9.00Beta, HostMonitor started on Windows Vista+ allows 1 additional LOCAL RCC connection regardless of your license.
clerevan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. I've already using built in administrator account for my hostmonitor
2. Yes, i've already place it in "C:\ProgramData\HostMonitor"
3. I using hostmonitor 9.82 but when i started as Service and Application it's always said that RCC has been used.
4. I've test with try to stop the service when i test it. Then suddenly the test become good but not sending any email. WHen the test become bad as service then turn to good as the service, its okay, or when the test become bad as application then turn to bad as application it's also okay.

But if the change status of the condition happen different session let's say test turn to bad in service and turn to good in application, then hostmonitor will not send any message. can you try to emulate this kind of condition?

What's the point of the print screen? since the action setting actualy working if both of status change happened in the same session (bad:service-good:service |or| bad:application-good:application).
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What's the point of the print screen?

We do not understand the problem, your description does not make much sense that's why we want to see what is going on.

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: