Linux hosts monitoring from Windows

Remote Monitoring Agent for Linux, FreeBSD, and other UNIX-like platforms.
jean_bruder

Linux hosts monitoring from Windows

Post by jean_bruder »

Guys,

We are here using the great HostMonitor solution to monitor several Windows based hosts, and now wonder how to monitor Linux based hosts from our main Windows HostMonitor server.

After reading some interesting posts, it looks like we have to deploy an RMA agent on each Linux host and to use it separately (each Linux server will have it's own RMA agent).

Is that correct, or should we proceed in another way ?
How will we then be abble to monitor our Linux servers (memory, CPU, free disk space) ?

Many thanks in advance,
Best regards,
KS-Soft Europe

Post by KS-Soft Europe »

If you need to check server availability or if some Linux service accepts TCP connections, you may use direct HostMonitor tests like HTTP test, TCP test, Ping, etc.
If you need to check CPU usage, free disk space, process, etc. on Linux server, you will need to install RMA for Linux on each Linux server.

Please check for details at:
http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/rma-unix/index.htm
jean_bruder

Post by jean_bruder »

KS-Soft Europe wrote:If you need to check server availability or if some Linux service accepts TCP connections, you may use direct HostMonitor tests like HTTP test, TCP test, Ping, etc.
If you need to check CPU usage, free disk space, process, etc. on Linux server, you will need to install RMA for Linux on each Linux server.

Please check for details at:
http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/rma-unix/index.htm
Hi guys,

Many thanks for that quick reply, as usual :wink: OK now for the agent case.

I will check further and will soon be back with mamy more questions !

Have a nice evening,
jean_bruder

Post by jean_bruder »

Hi guys,

Another today's issue using the "SSH remote test" is "Where damn do I set my user name and password ?" ...
I found in the help pages that I have to save my credentials in the "Profiles --> Connection Manager" tools, but how should I use it ?

Many thanks in advance,
Regards,
jean_bruder

Post by jean_bruder »

jean_bruder wrote:Hi guys,

Another today's issue using the "SSH remote test" is "Where damn do I set my user name and password ?" ...
I found in the help pages that I have to save my credentials in the "Profiles --> Connection Manager" tools, but how should I use it ?

Many thanks in advance,
Regards,
Let's answer myself : the "UNC host" has to be set as the IP address from the server we want to connect to ...

Once again, HostMonitor is THE monitoring software You have to use, thanks guys !
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

You are welcome :)

Regards
Alex