KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Terminal Service test
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zarobhr

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KS-Soft wrote:
Quote:
[3:40:13 PM] HostMonitor is going to execute "TSTEST" script ...
[3:40:33 PM] Error: script timed out

You may increase timeout.

Quote:
when i have the test setup and firing the status is always ok who can i get it to not be okay if the server password is wrong or if server is unreachable , i just to it to show as a problem so i can send an alert

if server is unreachable? No problem. Just increase timeout specified for the test.
if the password is wrong? This utility is not designed for this.

Regards
Alex

wow cant believe this are you telling me there is no way to send an alert for any condtion other than a good connection, i want an ok in the test if it connects and want to send alert if it does not connect is this not possible
zarobhr

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zarobhr wrote:
KS-Soft wrote:
Quote:
[3:40:13 PM] HostMonitor is going to execute "TSTEST" script ...
[3:40:33 PM] Error: script timed out

You may increase timeout.

Quote:
when i have the test setup and firing the status is always ok who can i get it to not be okay if the server password is wrong or if server is unreachable , i just to it to show as a problem so i can send an alert

if server is unreachable? No problem. Just increase timeout specified for the test.
if the password is wrong? This utility is not designed for this.

Regards
Alex

wow cant believe this are you telling me there is no way to send an alert for any condtion other than a good connection, i want an ok in the test if it connects and want to send alert if it does not connect is this not possible

if i run the test from a command line f connects i get ok if it doesnt i get error

if i get an error (dont care why there is an error) i want to send alert
how to i get hostmontor test to see there is an error
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Why you cannot believe this fact? This is simple, free, 7 years old utilty.
If you want to check some parameters of the service, you may use WMI test method.
E.g. you may use Win32_Terminal WMI class to check number of logged-on sessions.

Regards
Alex
zarobhr

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KS-Soft wrote:
Quote:

If you want to check some parameters of the service, you may use WMI test method.
E.g. you may use Win32_Terminal WMI class to check number of logged-on sessions.

Regards
Alex

i need to be sure that i can log into the rdp server from a remote location not just check that the port is open.

i guess i just assumed since the utility actually has a response when it is run from a command line that host monitor could see whether the respnse was an error or if it was ok.
zarobhr

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zarobhr wrote:
KS-Soft wrote:
Quote:

Regards
Alex

i need to be sure that i can log into the rdp server from a remote location not just check that the port is open.

i guess i just assumed since the utility actually has a response when it is run from a command line that host monitor could see whether the respnse was an error or if it was ok.

it actually appears it does not work at all, since if i type tscheck -host:xxx.hhh.com the result comes back as scriptres:ok: even though that server does not exist
oh well, guess i need to find a different solution
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We cannot reproduce the problem. Utility returns Bad status when cannot connect to the server.
What Windows do you have installed on local and remote system? Service Pack?

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Library All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: