KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Detailed email notifications in ftpfolder contents and size

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nhatz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:33 am    Post subject: Detailed email notifications in ftpfolder contents and size Reply with quote

Example:

Added: new file1 Jan 24 00:30 55660 bytes
Added: new file2 Jan 24 00:31 65660 bytes
Added: new file3 Jan 24 00:32 75660 bytes
Added: new file4 Jan 24 00:33 85660 bytes
Added: new file5 Jan 24 00:34 95660 bytes
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

E-mail notification? There is "Send e-mail" action.
So its not about e-mail, its about some new test method that should retrieve list of files from FTP server and change test status when some new files detected.
Am I right?

Then I think its better to implement test that will check files using "normal" Windows/UNIX API, in such case HostMonitor (and RMA for Windows/UNIX) will be able to check any system, even if FTP service is not installed.

Actually there is "File/Folder Availability" test method. It can detect 1 newest file when its used with %NewestFile% variable.
As I understand you need information about all new files (files that were created since last test probe), so this test is not good enough for you?

Regards
Alex
nhatz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sir Alex,

Sorry to tell i don’t have controls on the FTP Server because im just a client, the server is based at AU. Im using filezilla to upload files at the FTP server.
I use the URL REQUEST and set reports to email everytime I upload files FTP Server emai notifications came but no details of new files I uploaded, Any test method will I use to meet my requirements?

RE: File/Folder Availability do I have to map the remote ftp server on my client side to detect new file and automatically email the details of new file

Hoping KS Soft can assist me with this matters.

Below is the sample email notification I want to receive:

Hello,

The following files have recently been submitted for processing on the folder NEW UPLOAD

Files
HGV040113Pillow02.R2.pdf
HGV040113Pillow04.R2.pdf
HGV040113Pillow05.R2.pdf
HGV040113Pillow06.R2.pdf
HGV040113Pillow11.R2.pdf
HGV040113Pillow12.R2.pdf

Best Regars,
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sorry to tell i don’t have controls on the FTP Server because im just a client, the server is based at AU. Im using filezilla to upload files at the FTP server
>I use the URL REQUEST and set reports to email everytime I upload files FTP Server emai notifications came but no details of new files I uploaded, Any test method >will I use to meet my requirements?

Sorry, HostMonitor cannot do this.
I have added new task into "to do" list. Low priority.

Quote:
RE: File/Folder Availability do I have to map the remote ftp server on my client side to detect new file and automatically email the details of new file

File/Folder Availability may work with UNC path (e.g. \\hostname\resource\file) but it does not work over FTP protocol, it works using installed network client.

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Wish list All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: