KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Multi-level thresholds

View previous topic :: View next topic  
peterjwest

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:22 am    Post subject: Multi-level thresholds Reply with quote

Hi,

I thought i'd read somewhere but now that I need to do it I can't seem to find the article.

I'd like to set up a single disk space monitoring test but have it react differently depending on the thresholds.

For example i'd like to first set a 'warning' threshold at around 10% of the available space. When the amount of free space drops below 10% I want the system to send an e-mail.

Then I want it to change the threshold to 5%. If it drops below this then it will send an SMS to the person on-call.

If at any time the disk space goes above 10% free then of course the threshold should revert to the default of 10%.

I have no problems with the SMS or e-mail portion - but is it possible to dynamically modify the threshold in this manner?

Grateful for any help.

Pete
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You cannot modify threshould using actions but you may set 2 threshoulds using Optional status processing and "normal" or "warning" statuses. E.g. You may tell Hostmonitor to set Warning status when free space <10 and >5, set Bad status when space<5.
Please check Optional status processing section of the manual, there are examples as well.
http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mframe.htm#tests.htm#userstatusexamples

Also you may start many various actions on different threshoulds using advanced mode actions. E.g.
You may start action 1 when ('%reply%'<15) and ('%reply%'>=10)
You may start action 2 when ('%reply%'<10) and ('%reply%'>=5)
You may start action 3 when ('%reply%'<5)

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Other All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: