KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Alert to phone by playing a .wav file
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alex,
Can the action to alert to a phone number, either to home or mobile(cellular phone), then play a .mid or .wav sound file?
Thus we can record an oral message like "the mail system has trouble" and get this warning event sent to the administrator's phone, no matter where he is.
Thanks.
Kevin
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This task has low priority. Don't know exactly when it will be implemented.

Regards
Alex
Arun V

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex,

This would be a great feature. I myself need it badly. At the moment, I am diverting alerts as SMS messages. But we are facing lot of delays in message delivery. This is especially true at certain times of the day and Festival seasons due to the tremendous traffic.

Request you to give it a better priority.

Regards,
Arun.
Kevin

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alex,
Thus will make it perfect. Compared with SMS, it provides another direct way to send alert, just pre-record some voice message as .wav files, and these warning event can notify the administrator and let him know what happend.

Please consider to have this function higher priority.

Thanks a lot.
Kevin
fshultz

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was trying to figure out how to do this as well. If anyone has any ideas on how to do this with voice-xml or something else, please let me know. Pager coverage here is spotty and voice messages would be so much better for non-business hours.

Thanks,
Frank
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, probably we create external utility in the near future and implement the same as new action later

Regards
Alex
huntel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:59 pm    Post subject: Pager plays .wav file Reply with quote

I saw in your post in 2002 that you were going to add a action feature to send a .wav file to a pager via the external modem. Has this been added yet to the new version?
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. We had some problems with implementation and deferred this task as it doesn't have high priority

Regards
Alex
Dennis A

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love the ability to play a wav file over a voice modem! The unreliabilty of the SMS system is a serious problem for alerting. Calling people at home, as a last resort, would guarantee that someone is getting notified.
terje

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you really want to expend a lot of programming time then you could add a feature that allows the party called to access a DMTF menu.

eg. "Hello this is hostmonitor. Your email server seems to have failed. Press 1 to reboot the email server. Press 2 to restart the UPS. Press 3 to format the hard drive."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can do this like this>

Setup a DDI on your PBX, get the modem to dial from this DDI and sent the outgoing CLI number. Set this as a contact in your phone and record a mp3 / wav ( whatever your phone supports ) as the special ringtone.

So when a alert condition is active the modem pages you and the phone rings " Hostmonitor has detected a fault condition ". The best part is you dont have to answer the phone, all it has to do is ring..

smt

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ that was me who posted that
friegert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex,

My boss has written some code that will read an .ini file for a call list and attempt to contact each number in turn. When the phone is answered, a generic message asks the user to "press any key to hear a message from HostMonitor" -- If no key is pressed, it disconnects and calls the next number. If a key is pressed, it plays %testname%.wav. If it cannot find the specified file, it plays default.wav.

If you are interested, please let me know and I will see if he is willing to release his code for possible incorporation into a future release of Host Monitor?

Frank
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this soft work with any voice modem? Or its designed for some specific modem/office telephone system?
If its well customized and works fine with HostMonitor, we can recommend your soft to our customers (place a link on our web site). Or you are not interested in commercial distribution? In such case may be you sell sources/library? What language have you used?

Regards
Alex
ab042

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any update on this. It would help a lot if we where able to send VOICE messages to phones.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Wish list All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: