KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

SNMP-trap status refresh with schedule patterns

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stefan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:50 am    Post subject: SNMP-trap status refresh with schedule patterns Reply with quote

I have a question about the behaviour with SNMP-Trap tests and the schedule-pattern option into those tests.

If I set a schedule pattern into a SNMP-Trap test I found two irregular behaviours:

If the SNMP-test goes from activated to deactivated because of a valid schedule-pattern
there is no automatic status refresh which shows me, that the test is at the moment "Out of schedule".
I can see it only by pressing the test-refresh button manually.

If the SNMP-test goes from deactivated to activated because of a valid schedule-pattern
there is only a automatic GUI refresh if the test has a "Good message filter" with "timeout xx sec" setting.
If the test has another good message filter (e.g. "recieved message satisfies..." or "manual acknowledgement")
there is no automatic status refresh which shows me that the test is avtive now.

But on the whole the SNMP-trap tests are working fine. There is only no status refresh on the HostMon-GUI.
Can you check this, please.
I hope you understand my two explained behaviours.

I tested it with the newest HostMonitor Version 9.18

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Stefan
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If the SNMP-test goes from activated to deactivated because of a valid schedule-pattern
there is no automatic status refresh which shows me, that the test is at the moment "Out of schedule".
I can see it only by pressing the test-refresh button manually.

Yes, many customers want to see last "real" status instead of OutOfSchedule

Quote:
If the SNMP-test goes from deactivated to activated because of a valid schedule-pattern
there is only a automatic GUI refresh if the test has a "Good message filter" with "timeout xx sec" setting.
If the test has another good message filter (e.g. "recieved message satisfies..." or "manual acknowledgement")
there is no automatic status refresh which shows me that the test is avtive now

H'm, lets vote.
Who wants to change this behavior (restore last status when "out of schedule" period expired)?
Who wants to keep this option as is (keep status unless new Trap message received)?

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: