slow shell scripts

All questions related to installations, configurations and maintenance of Advanced Host Monitor (including additional tools such as RMA for Windows, RMA Manager, Web Servie, RCC).
spetterpoep

slow shell scripts

Post by spetterpoep »

Hello,

I have a passive RMA connection with an external computer. On this external pc is an autoIT script which i start with a powershell shell script on the hostmonitor. This powershell scripts just contains the path to the test so there shouldn't be any delay here. The autoIT script opens internet explorer and logs in into a website. It runs perfectly (and fast) when I execute it on the external pc itself but when I execute it from the hostmonitor, internet explorer takes ages to load each page. Friday this was all working perfectly and now it's acting strange.

Note that I am still using a trial version of hostmonitor... So maybe this is the problem?
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Note that I am still using a trial version of hostmonitor... So maybe this is the problem?
No, this should not be a problem.
What Windows do you use?
Service Pack?
Internet Explorer?
HostMonitor version?
RMA?

As I remember there is some similar (slow processing) problem related to IE on Windows Vista+ when HTTPS protocol is used...
I have a passive RMA connection with an external computer. On this external pc is an autoIT script which i start with a powershell shell script on the hostmonitor
Not sure I understand. What application starts script?
RMA? RMA started as service? application?

Regards
Alex
spetterpoep

Post by spetterpoep »

IE 9
hostmonitor version 9.10
RMA 4.43

RMA is started as an application. autoIT is a scripting language where you can access window controls with. So our scripts starts IE, goes to a certain website and adds some information. Note that the autoIT scripts is an .exe file.
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

What protocol is used? HTTP? HTTPS?

Regards
Alex
spetterpoep

Post by spetterpoep »

KS-Soft wrote:What protocol is used? HTTP? HTTPS?
HTTPS
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Probably this problem caused by 2 Windows API functions
- WinHttpGetIEProxyConfigForCurrentUser
- WinHttpGetProxyForUrl
that sometimes works very very slow on Windows Vista+ in service mode with HTTPS protocol.
They may work very slow on Windows 7 regardless of service/application mode.

We tried to find explanation in Microsoft manuals but did not find anything usefull.
Possible workarounds:
- use Windows XP/2003
- set "direct to net" connection option (if such option available thru AutoIT, I am not sure)

Regards
Alex
spetterpoep

Post by spetterpoep »

I found the problem... I ran rma_cfg.exe as administrator and that caused the problem... Thanks for your help :)
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Not sure how this can lead to any problems... rma_cfg.exe does not perform any tests and does not start any scripts. Probably you started RMA using rma_cfg.exe so it was running under udmin account as well.
Normally you should run RMA under admin account, otherwise it will not be able to perform some tests against remote systems.

And this should not lead to such problem :roll:
Probably bugs in Windows WinHttpGetProxy functions lead to problems under some user-specific settings :roll:

Regards
Alex