KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

GSM Modem supported?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ulliGT

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject: GSM Modem supported? Reply with quote

Hello everybody,

we're still using an old Nokia cellular phone connected via serial cable to send SMS from HM. Since this phone doesn't work stable we're looking for a better solution, e.g. a dedicated GSM modem. I found one on the internet called "ConiuGo 700100160 GPRS GSM Quadband-Modem" with the following features:

* AT-Commands using ETSI-Standard (GSM 07.05 and 07.07)
* GPRS Class 10
* SMS using Text or PDU mode

Since this Modem is not listed in the "Modem Type" list in the HM-SMS configuration I wonder if it is supported by HM with the features stated above. Does anybody have a clue and can tell me which profile to use for this modem to work properly?

Thank you!
Ulli.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
* AT-Commands using ETSI-Standard (GSM 07.05 and 07.07)
* GPRS Class 10
* SMS using Text or PDU mode

Most likely it will work because most other devices use the same set of commands according to ETSI standards. But we cannot say for sure, may be there are some issues, may be it requires some additional command or option...
Often we modify our code for user convenience but its hard to investigate modem-related issues because of limited diagnostic information

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: