KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

UserList removed or damaged! All operations restricted!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe-Vis

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:25 pm    Post subject: UserList removed or damaged! All operations restricted! Reply with quote

Not sure what happened. Get into host monitor to check and got this error message. The file is there but appears to be empty. Hostmonitor runs as a service and appears to be working, just cant modify or add anything.

Please let me know what needs to be done to correct this.

thx
joe
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What version of HostMonitor do you use?
Do you have installed some antivirus software? Which one?

If users.lst file is empty, we cannot fix it
I would recommend to check your file system for errors, then restore this file from backup.
If you do not have backup, you may start HostMonitor installation program and choose Update/Repair mode. Then check user accounts using HostMonitor menu User->Operators and add accounts if you need.

Regards
Alex
Joe-Vis

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What version of HostMonitor do you use? 8.68c
Do you have installed some antivirus software? Which one? Vipre

Dont think there is a backup. The person that normally handles this is on vacation. We dont normally have any user specific accounts. What is in that file? Is there a default one we can just put back? That is all that would have been in it.

Thx
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Dont think there is a backup

Have you ever considered possible hard drive crash?

Quote:
What is in that file?

Operator profiles.

Quote:
Is there a default one we can just put back?

As I said:
If you do not have backup, you may start HostMonitor installation program and choose Update/Repair mode. Then check user accounts using HostMonitor menu User->Operators and add accounts if you need.

Regards
Alex
Joe-Vis

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Backup - this machine is clustered, all the critical data that it hosts is on a SAN, is backed up to separate hard drive, a tape drive and also replicated to the DR site. Host monitor is not part of all that because it can easily be rebuilt. All that said, it would probably be easy to add this app to all that and save the headache of rebuilding it or fixing a file corruption like this.

Sounds easy to fix. I will try that tomorrow. I have not had to ask many questions over the years that we have used HM, but appreciate how quickly you always respond.

Thx
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Host monitor is not part of all that because it can easily be rebuilt.

Sounds like you have just couple test items? Often our customers have thousands test items, a lot of variables, action profiles, etc so it will take a lot of time to setup everything from a scratch...

Quote:
I have not had to ask many questions over the years that we have used HM, but appreciate how quickly you always respond

You are welcome

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: