KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Service test fail if service name contains brackets ()

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dakirk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:59 am    Post subject: Service test fail if service name contains brackets () Reply with quote

See "ServiceNameWithBrackets.jpg" for servicename. http://wsustot.ndsdrift.no/DAK/ScrShots/ServiceNameWithBrackets.jpg
See "TestProperties.jpg" for testproperties in HM. http://wsustot.ndsdrift.no/DAK/ScrShots/TestProperties.jpg

Test fails (and of course other servicetests on same server works fine) even if service are running fine.

Because of Firewall restrictions, I can not perform test directly from HM server (for testing error only in agent).

I beleave this must be a bug in HM.

Possible to get a fix?

PS!
I've tried with "service(name)" and 'service(name)', same result.
KS-Soft Europe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:08 am    Post subject: Service test fail if service name contains brackets () Reply with quote

As I can see from your screenshots, service name is:
InfodocServiceHost(13047)
while you are trying to check service with different name:
InfodocServiceHost(130479)
dakirk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: Service test fail if service name contains brackets () Reply with quote

KS-Soft Europe wrote:
As I can see from your screenshots, service name is:
InfodocServiceHost(13047)
while you are trying to check service with different name:
InfodocServiceHost(130479)

Sorry for the missmatch with pictures, but the test are setup with correct names and still not working.
Its set to InfodocServiceHost(13047) and not InfodocServiceHost(13049) as the "testproperties" picture show.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you report some problem, please always tell us what exactly software do you use.
- Windows?
- Service Pack?
- HostMonitor version?
- If you are using Remote Monitoring Agent to perform test, please tell us what exactly agent do you use and OS. Passive RMA for Windows? Active RMA for Windows? RMA for UNIX?
Version?
What OS do you use on system where RMA is started?

For example we just tested HostMonitor version 8.86 and RMA 4.15 using such service names on Windows XP SP3, Windows 2003 R2 and Windows 7 x64. We cannot reproduce the problem.
HostMonitor works fine.

BTW: HostMonitor allows you to select service to test without using Windows Services applet, you may click small button in Test Properties dialog (button is located beside service name field and displays "show services list" hint)

Regards
Alex
dakirk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KS-Soft wrote:
When you report some problem, please always tell us what exactly software do you use.
- Windows?
- Service Pack?
- HostMonitor version?
- If you are using Remote Monitoring Agent to perform test, please tell us what exactly agent do you use and OS. Passive RMA for Windows? Active RMA for Windows? RMA for UNIX?
Version?
What OS do you use on system where RMA is started?

For example we just tested HostMonitor version 8.86 and RMA 4.15 using such service names on Windows XP SP3, Windows 2003 R2 and Windows 7 x64. We cannot reproduce the problem.
HostMonitor works fine.

BTW: HostMonitor allows you to select service to test without using Windows Services applet, you may click small button in Test Properties dialog (button is located beside service name field and displays "show services list" hint)

Regards
Alex

I am quite embarrassed right now. I've messed up the ip addresses and the test has been performed on a server witch the service do not reside (and of course it fails).
After changing to correct ip address, the test runs fine. Sorry for bothering you with false alarm..

If you're still interested I have a drawing of my environment: http://wsustot.ndsdrift.no/DAK/ScrShots/Infrastucture.jpg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Bug reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: