KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Reports and statistics

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KS-Soft Forum Index -> HostMonitor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zaio

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Predefined Reports provide a lot of useful information especially about the availability of systems/services. I think it could be even more useful if, in test definition and then in reports, there would be a data field in which everyone can put their own "type" (e.g. Windows, Unix, etc. or web services, ftp services, etc. or every kind you can imagine). This "type" could be used, after exporting a report, to group informations about availability of systems/services of the same type and have good statistics.

Is it possible to handle an information like this or is out of the scope ?

[ This Message was edited by: Zaio on 2002-05-21 09:36 ]
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you can use "Comment" field (just below "Test name" field in the Test Properties dialog). You can put any additional information into this field.

Regards
Alex
Zaio

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think "Test name" should be used to identify the test and "Comment" to have a text description of it which can help you to identify it with more precision.

What I need is something different: after exporting a report in a DB, I'd like to group tests by mean of this new field (numeric or text) in order to have uptime and availability for every group.

My company has a lot of Windows and UNIX Servers with a lot of applications and services upon them and needs categorized availability indexes. HostMonitor besides performing tests (its main target), collects availability data: I think it could be useful to get more even from this second item.

Bye and thanks
Zaio

[ This Message was edited by: Zaio on 2002-05-22 06:25 ]
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps we talking about different versions of HostMonitor. What version do you use?
In HostMonitor 3.xx you can group tests using Folders, so, you don't need any additional fields. http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/news.htm#Folders

Regards
Alex
Zaio

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use v. 3.12. The solution you suggested is not exactly what I need but could be enough.

Thanks
Zaio
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KS-Soft Forum Index -> HostMonitor All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: