KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Monitor & Log RCI connection

View previous topic :: View next topic  
violant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:06 am    Post subject: Monitor & Log RCI connection Reply with quote

When RCC via RCI connected - HM write to system log entry. But it don't write anything when connection lost. In RCI status I see who connected to HM via RCI, but when connection close there is no entry to system log. Now I see in system log only when he connect to HM. It very important to know how long operator don't connect to HM.
I want to know when RCC operator close/lost connection to HM and see this information in system log. Maybe do this (log logon & logout operations) with connection via web-interface too
Can you put option that put system log via ODBC to DB like test log, I don't want schedule import from html or txt file to DB. I think it easy to do
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I want to know when RCC operator close/lost connection to HM and see this information in system log.

Done. Please update to official version 8.68 (if you did not have this version yet) then download update www.ks-soft.net/download/hm868d.zip and replace hostmon.exe and rcc.exe modules
This version may record events like
9/13/2010 2:55:58 PM - RCI connection closed. Operator: Admin (Connected at 9/13/2010 8:01:08 PM)
(when connection normally closed by remote operator)

or
9/13/2010 2:55:58 PM - RCI connection terminated. Operator: Admin (Connected at 9/13/2010 8:01:58 PM)
(when connection lost due to network problems or admin closed connection from HostMonitor console)

Quote:
Maybe do this (log logon & logout operations) with connection via web-interface too

Impossible. Web browser does not keep open connection, it just makes request, retrieves HTML code and shows data on screen.

Quote:
Can you put option that put system log via ODBC to DB like test log, I don't want schedule import from html or txt file to DB. I think it easy to do

I have added this as low priority task. ODBC logging cannot be as much reliable as logging to a file on local hard drive...

Regards
Alex
violant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks
violant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you write disconnect status to window "View"-"RCI status"-"Latest commands". And make it window more bigger. For fast view when operator disconnect.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Wish list All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: