KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Folder red send mail !!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nasdo AG

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:11 am    Post subject: Folder red send mail !! Reply with quote

Hey,

I hope someone could help me,
I use Hostmonitor 8.32.
If a folder is red (any item is bad in this folder) i want to get a email...
How does it works?

greetings from schwabach (bavaria)
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, actions are triggered by test items. So, you should add "Send e-mail" action to action profile(s) assigned to the test items.
If you want to send e-mail when any tests become "bad" and do not send other e-mails when 2nd, 3rd test within the same folder become "bad", you may use "advanced mode" action and expression like %(FolderCurrent_BadTests% == 1) and ('%SimpleStatus%'=='DOWN') and (%Recurrences%==1)

Another possible solution: add auxiliary test item (e.g. Ping localhost), select "This test depends on expression" option, use expression like (%FolderCurrent_BadTests%==1). Then you may assign alert profile with "Send e-mail" action to this single test.

More information available in the manual, also you may visit our web site at
- advanced actions: http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mframe.htm#actions.htm#advancedaction
folder-related macro variables: http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mframe.htm#actions.htm#foldermacro

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: