KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Importing test lists from replicator when run as a service

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jivetolkein

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:25 am    Post subject: Importing test lists from replicator when run as a service Reply with quote

Hi, I'm sure this is an easy one - we've recently altered our HM setup to run as a service under a forest wide service account, so we can temporarily run tests direct from HM whilst we configure a local RMA (or not bother in small sites). I used to use replicator and import from text file - but since the service now no longer has the option to interact with the desktop, I have to use RCC to connect - and there is no import option.

What is the obvious thing I'm missing here?
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What exactly is the problem? "Service now no longer has the option to interact with the desktop"? Why it does not have such option? Are you using Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 or Windows 7?

Regards
Alex
jivetolkein

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windows 2003 R2.

As soon as you change a service to run under a specific account (under'Log On' tab) you lose the ability tio tick the 'Interact with desktop' box. This means you don't get the 'front end' running down in the task bar,
so have to use RCC to connect to the service.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote from the manual
==================
you will need to assign a special user account on the Service page in the Options dialog. In this case HostMonitor will impersonate the security context of the user. Do not change the account using the system utility "Services". If you do so, HostMonitor may be unable to interact with the desktop.
==================

This means you should not change anything under "Log on" tab provided by Windows Services applet.
You should specify admin account using HostMonitor options located on Service page in the Options dialog

Regards
Alex
jivetolkein

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect, thanks Alex. I really should read more.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: