KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Create report for overnight failures
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

System log would not show you anything because error description already listed in the mail and there is nothing more to say about this problem. "File not found" means file not found.
Do you use "Execute external program" action to remove this log file? If you are using the same starting condition for both actions and "removing" action was added into profile before "Send e-mail" action then HostMonitor removes file, send e-mail without the log and then log can be created by another action. If you did so, then its easy to fix: just remove this "Execute external program" action from profile and create it again.

Regards
Alex
soadmin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't get a server box, so had to proceed with trying to get this to work on Windows 7. Made some progress:

1) Ok, the writing to log file is working now. The problem was that double quotes get added to the file path automatically in the "Add record into specific log file". After removing the double-qoutes. AHM started to create the log file.

2) The problem with sending the log file and always saying <<IncludeFile=C:\logfile.htm>>File not found, was I didn't have HTML set in "E-Mail body" drop down box. That fixed that.

3) The only thing left, is trying to get the log file deleted. I've tried putting the actual command in the 'Action Parameters'. Like del c:\logfile.htm and trying to call a batch file CMD /c C:\deletelog.cmd.
Both didn't work. Try them with quotes and without.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ok, the writing to log file is working now. The problem was that double quotes get added to the file path automatically in the "Add record into specific log file". After removing the double-qoutes. AHM started to create the log file

Yeah, there was a mistake in our code
If path to the file contains space characters, this action did not work correctly. Problem fixed in version 8.26, will be available for download soon

Quote:
The problem with sending the log file and always saying <<IncludeFile=C:\logfile.htm>>File not found, was I didn't have HTML set in "E-Mail body" drop down box. That fixed that.

Cannot reproduce this problem. This option works regardless of format of the mail: Txt or HTML

Quote:
The only thing left, is trying to get the log file deleted. I've tried putting the actual command in the 'Action Parameters'. Like del c:\logfile.htm and trying to call a batch file CMD /c C:\deletelog.cmd

"del c:\logfile" is wrong command line because del is not application that can be executed by Windows, "del" is command that is supported by cmd.exe. cmd /c del c:\logfile works fine

Regards
Alex
soadmin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I changed the parameters to 'cmd /c del c:\logfile.htm' and that works great. So finally, this morning report activity is working perfectly now.

Thanks Alex for your help and a great product.

P.S. Also on the email format setting. I didn't explain this clearly enough. When the file is found and the setting is set to 'TXT', the email comes in as HTML code, NOT a render HTML email. So from your last post, this could be a issue with Exchange and Outlook 07.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Also on the email format setting. I didn't explain this clearly enough. When the file is found and the setting is set to 'TXT', the email comes in as HTML code, NOT a render HTML email.

That's correct behavior

Quote:
I changed the parameters to 'cmd /c del c:\logfile.htm' and that works great. So finally, this morning report activity is working perfectly now

Great

Quote:
Thanks Alex for your help and a great product.

You are welcome

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: