KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Telnet Ideas

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BillB

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Telnet Ideas Reply with quote

Can we have the ability to "ImportTestList" and "SaveTestList" available from the telnet service? It would be quite helpful for my automation processes.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume you want to import tests from some file that is accessible by HostMonitor?
Then may be you don't need telnet session at all? You may setup HostMonitor to check for updates automatically (e.g. using File Integrity or File/Folder Availability test method) and use HM Script action to import test items and save test list.

Regards
Alex
BillB

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes that works, and it is what I do now, but the programs that I run to generate/update the tests automatically would be a bit more seamless if it could fully automate the import process as well.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I do not understand. I think described above method is fully automatic. Isn't it?

Regards
Alex
BillB

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it works, and it is a bit automatic, but it requires maintaining seperate tests and actions for several (20-30) automation processes and more to come.. If I could do it programatically via telnet, I would not have to manage those tests, and I could do it without worrying about timings or frequency of my program updates. Our HostMonitor installation currently runs about 10000 tests all of which get updated at least once a day by different processes. Our inventory databases trigger the update actions and unless I set up a test to check file CRC every second or so I can miss updates. And they still can be overwritten before an import if the timing is off. So, to avoid this scenario I am batching the updates a couple times a day, but the process is slow when importing several thousand tests with dependencies, and the updates are not as frequent as our administrators would like.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I think we implement these commands. Actually you may use undocumented "SaveHmlFile" command right now. Import command is not supported yet.

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Wish list All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: