KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

HTTP Test failing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ruscoep

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:26 am    Post subject: HTTP Test failing Reply with quote

I have just upgraded to v8.14 and a test that worked previously is now coming back as "BAD". Settings are as follows (details obfuscated for security):
Test running on Hostmonitor server
HTTP test to https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8445/OA_HTML/cabo/images/yyyyyy-laf-desktop/zzzzz-welcome.jpg
Request "HEADER"
Timeout 0
Proxy set to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8090

As i said this worked prior to upgrade and if i try to access the URL from a browser i get it OK.

Any ideas please?
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You said this test worked before update?? HTTP test method never supported HTTPS protocol, just HTTP. May be you are using URL test method?
Otherwise I think this problem has nothing to do with HostMonitor update. Probably you changed your web server (or proxy server) settings so it does not respond to HTTP requests on port 8445 (8090) anymore

Regards
Alex
ruscoep

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate what you are saying but here is an entry from my logs showing it as successful:

</tr> <tr>
<td bgcolor="#D6D6D6" nowrap valign="top" align="center">&nbsp;<font color=#000000><!--KSIM--><!--KSFD-02072009234156-->2009-07-02 11:41:56 PM<!--KSIM--></font>&nbsp;</td>
<td bgcolor="#D6D6D6" nowrap valign="top" align="left"> &nbsp;<font color=#000000><!--KSIM-->YP - o2 Chorus<!--TI644--><!--KSIM--></font>&nbsp;</td>
<td bgcolor="#D6D6D6" nowrap valign="top" align="left"> &nbsp;<font color=#000000><!--KSIM-->Host is alive<!--KSIM--></font>&nbsp;</td>
<td bgcolor="#D6D6D6" nowrap valign="top" align="center">&nbsp;<font color=#000000><!--KSIM-->359 ms<!--KSIM--></font>&nbsp;</td>
<td bgcolor="#D6D6D6" nowrap valign="top" align="left"> &nbsp;<font color=#000000><!--KSIM-->HTTP test (o2hrms.de.pri.o2.com)<!--KSIM--></font>&nbsp;</td>
</tr> <tr>

The proxy and web server are both forwarding as expected as i can get to the page through a browser.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to check HTTPS server, please use URL test method.
HTTP test method does not support HTTPS protocl and never supported

Regards
Alex
ruscoep

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may not have supported it but it certainly worked. I would be happy to use the URL method but there is no option on this test method to support different proxies to the one globally defined. Could this be added as an enhancement in a later release?
KS-Soft Europe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ruscoep wrote:
It may not have supported it but it certainly worked.
It depends on security mode on your web server. Some web servers acceps http requests along with https. "HTTP" test method only sends HTTP requests, even if you specify HTTPS URL.

ruscoep wrote:
I would be happy to use the URL method but there is no option on this test method to support different proxies to the one globally defined. Could this be added as an enhancement in a later release?
Yeah, you are right. Different proxy settings are only available for "HTTP" test method. Ok, we have such a task in our to do list. Medium priority.

Regards,
Max
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It may not have supported it but it certainly worked.

Well, HTTP test did not work with HTTPS protocol. Never! It just does not contain necessary code.
If your server responded to HTTP request on port 8445, this does not mean your web or proxy server used HTTPS protocol to process request from HostMonitor.
Yes, we can add new options and functions to URL and HTTP tests however I cannot assign high priority to these tasks. Sorry. May be we will do this in version 9.

On the other hand, if you need to check different proxies, why can't you use HTTP protocol?

Regards
Alex
ruscoep

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the prompt responses guys, look forward to the enhancements whenever they happen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Bug reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: