KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

NT events

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peter.egri.citrix

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 6:20 am    Post subject: NT events Reply with quote

Hey,

i have upgraded Hostmonitor to 8.01c , running on w2003

i set the test:
-----------------------------------------------------
Test method: NT Event log
Event log: Application
Event source: i left it blank (so all logs will be accepted)

BAD event:
computer: any
event type: any
event ID: any
Description contains: any text

Action profile : send email,body :

%NTEventComp%
%NTEventTime%
%NTEventText%
%NTEventUser%

test every 1 minute.
---------------------------------------------------

for me it seems that every log in Application will be resend by mail.
is that right ?

but it is not working correctly, i miss like 50% of them.
i have opened rdp to monitored machine, i look to event log,
so i have opened my mailbox. i miss randomly 50 % of logs even if they are the same logs only different usernames in description.

.... i want to set test , so every error message will be sent by email, but i am not sure if it will be clear and really every error will be sent....

Thank you for answer
wishing a nice day
KS-Soft Europe

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 6:41 am    Post subject: Re: NT events Reply with quote

peter.egri.citrix wrote:
for me it seems that every log in Application will be resend by mail.
is that right ?
It depends. There are two different options. Quote from the manual: http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mframe.htm#tests.htm#chkNTLog
==================================
Report about last "Bad"/"Good" event
With this option enabled HostMonitor will scan (starting from the end of the log) all new* events till first** "Bad" event. If new "Bad" event is detected, HostMonitor marks test as "Bad" and may perform specified alert actions (if necessary). This option is useful when you check for some specific event and you don't need many messages about the same recurring error.
**Note: here "first" means the most recent (last) "Bad" event as monitor scans the log from the end.

Report about all events
In opposite to previous mode, with this option enabled HostMonitor will inform you about each event that satisfies specified requirements (filters). This option is useful when you use one test item to check for different error events (e.g. you are checking for any event with "Failure Audit" type).
Note: you may need to use "Repeat: until status changes" option for associated alert actions.
==================================

peter.egri.citrix wrote:
.... i want to set test , so every error message will be sent by email, but i am not sure if it will be clear and really every error will be sent....
Actually, it should work. I just would suggest you to adjust filter in order to catch "Errors" only (not Information and Warning) and choose "Report about all events" option.

Regards,
Max
peter.egri.citrix

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

correctly.
working great . thank you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: